South Oxford Meeting (Cumnor)
1st March @ 10:00 - 12:00| £15.00 - £20.00
Our speaker will be Tony Hendry
Presenting Yourself and Your Ideas Effectively
Whether presenting formally or informally in a one-to-one meeting, we all need to be remembered for the right reasons – that we get our audience’s interest and come over clearly and credibly. We also need to get the outcome we want.
Tony will be sharing the process he has refined and used over many years to help technical and non-technical people get their ideas across clearly, succinctly and persuasively.
Topics will include
• Why are you making the presentation?
• Messages not just words
• The three Ts
• Don’t just assert, prove your point
• Ask for what you want
Tony has been involved in Training, Facilitation and Consultancy since 1973. Working initially in industry and then for a small consultancy company, he started Hendry Training & Consultancy in 1980. Hendry Performance Development Ltd was set up in 2006.
He designs and runs programmes of facilitation, consultancy and training, providing high quality responses to the needs of clients in the areas of Leadership, Performance Management and Development, Change Management, Communication and Team Development. These programmes are designed to achieve specific skills, knowledge and behaviour outcomes agreed with clients. He has done this for organisations throughout the UK, Europe and in North Africa.
In particular he:
• Develops skills and awareness in the areas of Presentation, Training, Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation, Appraisal, Performance Management, Change Management, Leadership Development, Problem Solving & Decision Making, Project Management, Time, Stress and Personal Organisation.
• Designs and facilitates team development programmes, enabling national and international teams or networks to achieve improved results. He achieves high ownership and commitment through enabling teams to develop their own ways forward through no-blame problem solving.
• Assists organisations to manage changes in structure, processes and procedures.
• Installs or improves performance review/performance development processes.
• He is about to have published a pragmatic guide to Appraisal.